Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Cream of Wheat

I regret to inform you that this post is a little late (or not). On the very-long-time-ago-Tuesday that was yesterday, I was (as always) tasked with feeding several mouths attached to the heads of my siblings, and resolved not to fall into the pitfalls of cornmealmush and oatmeal so common to my kind (is this even a sentence?). Anywho, on the bottom line I did not make oatmeal or cornmealmush or pancakes or crepes or Bread or this or that or the other thing (or et cetera (or ...)). I just said the bottom line, but that was not the bottom line. it was more like the bottom line and the next and the next and the next. I need to escape this paragraph (that's funny, it's spelled exactly like escape!).

I could delete the former paragraph but won't.

For breakfast I made Cream of Wheat. The process was a bit more involved than:

  1. take box
  2. tip box 
  3. tip it more 
  4. MORE!! (all comes out)
  5. eat the huge dumpling
It looked more like this
  1. Take wheat berries
  2. Toast berries in oven for 10 minutes @350
  3. Find a friendly ninja and ask him to chop up the berries
  4. Boil water (10 cups)
  5. Slowly pour in chopped berries (2 cups)
  6. Stir and thicken
  7. Shove it down your throat (milk and/or butter opt.)
PICTURES!

The finished product


The pan used

The new stove

ditto
ditto

Mom's cafe cubano maker





Friendly ninja

Toasted berries

Original berries

The Cream of Wheat

Toasted berries (yummy!)

The wheat
Oh, did I not mention the new stove? My apologies.

What did I miss? (Besides this, that, and the other thing.)

Happy Thanksgiving,
Try not to stuff on turkey, (see what I did there!),
Apple pies over pumpkin,
Peace 'n' Joy,
Johnathan David White

P.S: If you could not quite comprehend some of the complex words used because of there monstrosity, than please contact me with a memo below. 

No comments:

Post a Comment